Tuesday, April 12, 2022

A Very Weimar World

These days it seems
It's a very Weimar world
Poised on disaster's brink  
An era of scams and shell games
And for screwball comedy
As my brother reminds me
A la Lubitsch and Chaplin
But don't you just wince
When you remember how 
The plot unspooled last time
We rolled this reel

* * * * *

With publication of this poem, I'm pleased to announce that I will be taking up residence here on the Apology blog, more or less full time, while the Lampoetry blog undergoes renovation.  

Most of what I publish here will be prose, although please forgive me if I throw in a haiku or sonnet or two every once in a while.  I am very much in recovery mode from poetry, still overly attached to extended metaphor, and therefore prone to backslide by poetically speaking from time to time.

And by way of further explanation to those of you visiting this site for the first time, my efforts on this blog will be directed towards developing -- for myself and anyone else who happens to be interested -- a better understanding of the life and work of Allan Bridge, aka Mr. Apology. This is the subject of my current writing project, which is coming along swimmingly, or at least well enough for me to feel comfortable inviting you now to come along for the ride ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

A short note on the common mechanisms of love and deception

I'm deep into the rewrite of the second draft of my book about Mr. Apology.  With any luck, I'll have a new version ready in a few m...